How to Get Rid of a Hickey (Best Proven Ways) Home Remedies
How to get rid of a hickey? It seems easy to respond and just a simple reply to the question.
Well, many of the couples are love to enjoy their nights and find it a little harder to remove the Hickies. Home remedies is the first choice.
Things go beyond the expected when the love gets speedy. When the night gets darker, the atmosphere gets hotter and fired by the lovers.
It seems to be the sexy attitude to express or display love to each other is kissing. Kissing is the most common action to the couples to make their moment hot.
When the moment becomes more and more sensual, it is quite impossible to know that your skin becomes scraped as bites.
Often due to this love bites or force in kissing and sexual interaction can sometimes become too harsh, form reddish spots and wounds known as a hickey.
If you want to know the ways, “how to get rid of hickeys fast,” and then this article is for you. So to find out more, please stay with me until the end.
Remedies to Get Rid of a Hickey?
Hickies are mainly known as an embarrassment or an inappropriate condition, especially in the family or social environment.
But we are here to display you some remedies that will help you to find the quick solution to get rid of hickeys.
Here are top 13 home remedies for hickeys below
How to remove a hickey instantly with Cold Compress
When the blood clots in the vessels, the skin looks red which is called hikey. So if you want to heal this hickey, you need to break down the clots and spread the blood into the vessel.
Applying cold compress into the affected area helps to disappear this blood clot. Any cold compress constricts the capillaries and reduces bleeding.
How to apply Cold Compress (method 1):
- Take a few ice cubes also wrap them well with a towel
- Place the towel into the affected area
- Leave it there for 150 minutes
- Apply this method several times a day
The ice cubes help to reduce pain and prevent swelling. Remember; never use ice directly to the affected area because it can cause ice burn.
How to apply Cold Compress (method 2):
- Keep a spoon in a refrigerator
- Keep it there for 10 minutes
- Wrap this cold spoon into a cloth
- Then gently massage this spoon into the affected area
- Apply this method several times a day until the hickey is gone
How to Take off a Hickey with Warm Compress
If the marks never go away after two days, then warm compress plays an important role to remove this hickey.
This remedy is sufficient to use after 48 hours when the skin becomes injured and turns red.
You may use a warm compress on the affected area to dilate the blood vessels and develop the healing process.
How to apply warm compress:
- Dip a towel or cloth into a hot water
- Press the towel or cloth to remove the excess water
- Place it on the affected areas
- Keep it there for 5 minutes
- Repeat this treatment for several times a day until the marks gone away
You can use a hair dryer for 3 minutes. Massage the area slowly to get rid of hickeys fast.
How to Make a Hickey Go Away Fast with Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol mentions to isopropyl alcohol or ethanol-based liquids. Literally, rubbing alcohol used as a liquid or lotion for massage.
It seems to be a most effective way to get rid of hickey if it occurs just a few hours before. You can use this liquid as a topical antiseptic.
Alcohol has soothing, cooling and disinfecting properties which make it ideal for hickey removal.
How to apply rubbing alcohol:
- Take a rubbing alcohol into a cup
- Dip a cotton ball and apply this into the affected areas
- Apply this gently for a few minutes
- To get better result apply this remedy 2 times a day
- After applying alcohol, you can use some moisturizing lotion
Rubbing alcohol evaporates from the skin quickly. It calms like a fresh breeze and lowering body temperature. But access use of rubbing alcohol topically on the skin can be inhaled which may cause alcohol poisoning & many other problems.
How to Get Rid of Hickies with Massaging
Massaging refers to work or activity on the body with pressure. It is a technique which applied with fingers, elbows, knees, forearms, hands feet or a device.
It helps to break down blood clot and increase the blood circulation throughout the affected area in your body.
Though the aim of massage is for the handling of body pain or stress, it is highly useful to get rid of a hickey as well. Let’s see how to apply massaging to remove hickeys.
How to apply to massage
- Apply the heating pad or a warm towel to the affected area
- If the area is warm, then use fingers to massage the area
- Massage in a circular motion around the hickey area and break down the blood clot
- Massaging the area and pushing the blood from the center of the hickey
- Apply pressure by pushing your fingers in the middle of the hickey
- Apply this massaging throughout the day for several times
How to Get Rid of Hickies Fast with White Vinegar
White vinegar is a clear solution, and naturally, this solution has water (93–96%) and acetic acid (4–7%).
You will find some kind of solution which as up to 20% acetic acid. It is also named as distilled or spirit vinegar. Generally, it is manufactured by the fermentation of grain alcohol.
It has been used as a significant component in households globally for thousands of years.
It is easy to realize why, today this adjustable & versatile liquid uses for cleaning, cooking and gardening worldly.
Even it has medicinal uses, too. White Vinegar is one of the most effective ways on how to get rid of hickeys instantly.
It has properties that promote the blood circulation to your skin. This remedy is ideal if hickeys do not remove after 36 hours.
How to apply white vinegar
- Take 4 to 5 tablespoon of vinegar into a small bowl
- Add sufficient amount of warm water and mix them well
- Dip a cloth or gauze into the solution or mixture
- Remove the excess water with the cloth
- Apply this cloth into the affected area
- Leave it there for a minute
- Gently massage the area for another minute
- Repeat this process once again and do this remedy for 15 minutes
- Apply this remedy 3 times a day until the marks are removed
Overuse of white vinegar can lead to decay of tooth enamel. There are some researchers also found that white vinegar may act as a damaging component to your teeth than other types of vinegar. Always consult with your doctor before using this white vinegar.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey quick with Banana Peel
Banana peel is the outer shell of the banana fruit. It is also called a banana skin. It is used as food for animals, for producing biochemical items, in water filtration etc.
Moreover, banana peels also act as a natural remedy in your body.
If you are looking for the top ways to get rid of hickeys on the neck, then you may go for a banana peel to remove the marks.
It has Vitamin K which can prevent the blood clotting and treat the tissues beneath the skin.
How to apply banana peel
- Buy a fresh banana and peel it fast
- Massage the inside of this banana peel into the hickey area
- Apply gauze or medical tape to keep it still
- Leave it there for 30 minutes
- Then wash it off with water
- Apply this remedy 3 times a day until you get rid of this Hickey
You also use lotion or cream which is rich with vitamin K. you may eat such foods with the top level of the vitamin, for example, brown rice, fish oil, soybean oil, and broccoli.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey Overnight with Orange
One of the most cultivated fruit trees around the world is orange trees. Orange is favorite fruit due to their organic sweetness, different uses from juices to face masks and pleasant orange slices.
Orange comes with more than sixty (60) flavonoids and 170 different phytochemicals.
Most of them have potent antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory properties. Orange comes with a wide verity of health benefits.
They are also the source of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to heal the hickey fast as it contains healing properties.
It also contains essential nutrient needed by the body to repair your skin.
How to apply oranges
- Buy fresh oranges and extract the juice
- Consume this juice after having Hickey
- You may take 500 mg of Vitamin C if oranges are not available
- Take this Vitamin C 3 times a day which helps to rebuild your collagen
Try to use fresh orange juice instead of packaged juice and enjoy the fresh skin.
How to make a hickey go away overnight with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is known as the miracle plant. Aloe is a subfamily that has more than 500 species of juicy flowering plants.
The leave of aloe vera is juicy, steep, and makes a thick rosette.
Over the last few years, aloe vera has been the topic of much scientific research, considering many required therapeutic properties.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory as well as soothing properties that make popular for skin care widely. It helps to lower the skin sensitivity into the affected area.
It also promotes the healing process of the capillaries and develops the blood circulation.
It also features Vitamin K, and you can massage this into the affected area for 2 or 3 times a day. It is highly useful to get rid of a hickey fast and naturally.
How to apply aloe vera
- Collect a fresh aloe vera leaf
- Extract the gel into this leaf
- Using a finger apply this gel into the hickey area
- Leave it there until it dries naturally
- Repeat the method several times a day until you get the positive result
You may also use aloe vera lotion or cream into the affected area as well.
How to Get Rid of a Hickey asap with Witch Hazel
It is thought as an organic topical astringent. Witch hazel has therapeutic effects that can heal skin problems, including hickeys.
This is why it is being known as a natural toner and a cleanser to remove skin discoloration.
The power of witch hazel to tighten skin while lessening inflammation makes it a perfect organic remedy for a hickey.
It is also the right treatment to shrink swollen veins. Since a hickey looks as your veins are swollen, witch hazel can be applied successfully as a remedy to lessen the appearance of a hickey.
You can use it to make faster healing while tightening your skin if the hickey is bleeding. You don’t need to worry too much as witch hazel has alcohol that sterilizes the injury.
How you can use it to get rid of Hickey
- You can apply witch hazel in the form of liquid
- Then you need to coat it onto the affected area of your body with a cotton ball
- Also, you make a paste of witch hazel powder & water
- And you can apply the paste twice a day to the hickey
Do not keep the witch hazel paste on your skin too long time as it may cause skin problem. So you need to wash it off after ten (10) minutes. You can apply jojoba oil or cream on the treated skin as well. Besides you can buy a witch hazel cream in a drug store and use it twice a day to the hickey.
How to Get Rid of love Bites Overnight with Arnica
Arnica is a flower which is used as a medicinal plant for various skin treatments.
Arnica gel or cream can aid you to treat the skin area where the hickey occurred.
It is a versatile product which you can find in the food store and pharmacies. It is very popular to remove the bruises on the skin.
Arnica is not just popular as to reduce the pain but also increases the system of reformation of the broken blood vessels.
However, it is not recommended to take arnica pills, unless suggested by the doctor.
Study finds that they may cause heart diseases and high blood pressure.
How to use Arnica remedy as a treatment of hickey:
- First of all clean the infected skin with slightly warm water
- Then pat it dry the offended skin
- Apply the Arnica cream to the affected area
- Use 3 to 5 times a day
- Continue to use this remedy until the spot goes away
- If possible apply in the first 24 hours
Before using arnica cream test it out first. Apply a little amount on the skin to make sure that you are not sensitive to it. Because it might cause vomiting or dizziness, you need to keep away from taking this remedy.
Fastest way to Get Rid of a Hickey with Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter has a positive effect to get rid of hickeys & other bruises. The healing power of cocoa butter increases the growth of skin tissues.
It also acts as an excellent moisturizer. You need to use it after a warm compress to improve the effectiveness of cocoa butter if you choose it to remove your hickey.
So how you can heal a hickey with cocoa butter?
Let’s see the following procedure
How to use Cocoa Butter as a Remedy of Hickey
- Take a small bowl and add a few drops of almond oil
- Now add the same amount of cocoa butter which you can buy from the market
- Mix them well to make an ideal home remedy
- Take a little amount of this solution and massage it on the hickey
- Massage this mixture up to 4 to 5 minutes
- Take a cloth and put it under lukewarm water. Place it on the hickey to get an instant result
- Try to ensure that you don’t go harsh on your skin. You need to massage the affected area very smoothly.
How to Remove a Hickey in Seconds with Turmeric
Turmeric is familiar as the member of the ginger family. Usually, it is used as a spice, but it has many medicinal effects as well. It seems to be the most nutritional and active spice in existence.
According to many research and studies, it has lots of benefits for body & brain.
This is one of the most useful tricks on how to remove hickeys fast as well.
Turmeric has natural antiseptic & antimicrobial agents. Also, it has the most effective anti-inflammatory properties.
If you suffer from a burn or an open wound, you can use turmeric powder to the affected region to speed up the healing process.
Turmeric is proven to restore the damaged skin. It is used to treat hornbills, arthritis, psoriasis, itchy skin, and other skin diseases.
The main chemical constituent of turmeric is Curcumin. Curcumin has a substantial effect on melanin which helps to get rid of hickeys on the skin overnight.
You can use the following process to get rid of hickeys overnight:
Method 1: Only Turmeric
You can use the following steps to implement this method below
- Collect some turmeric and make a fresh turmeric
- Rinse the turmeric
- Now remove any kinds of shell out there and crush it
- Wash the affected area by cold water
- Then use the turmeric powder to the skin with the hickey
- Leave it there up to 30 minutes
- Finally wash the affected area once again
Method 2: Turmeric & Honey
If you want to apply this method you can follow these steps below
- Take a small bowl and pour four teaspoons of honey
- Then add two teaspoons of turmeric powder
- Now mix the turmeric and honey and stir them well
- Wash the affected skin area with cold water
- Let your skin dry and use the mixture of turmeric and honey
- Leave the mix up to 20 minutes
- Then wash your skin with lukewarm water.
Method 3: Turmeric & Yogurt
Please use the following steps to make this method effective
- Take a small bowl and add 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- Also, add four teaspoons of yogurt
- Now make a mixture of turmeric and yogurt
- Stir the well until it forms a thick mixture
- Now use the thick paste on the skin with hickeys
- Leave the mixture on the affected area up to 15 minutes
- Wash the affected skin once again with lukewarm water
How to Get rid of Love Bites in 24 hours with Strawberries
Strawberry is famous as a hybrid species of the genus Fragaria. It is cultivated globally for its fruit.
Strawberries rank among the top vegetables & fruits due to their antioxidant property. They are one of the best fruits out there which have lots of vitamin C & salicylic acids.
Vitamin C & salicylic acids are responsible for breaking down the blood clot which causes damages.Also, the anti-inflammatory agent of Strawberry is useful for getting rid of hickeys. You can apply the strawberry to the affected area directly.
You can also take a cup of strawberries regularly basis to get rid of hickies overnight.
How to use Strawberries to heal a hickey immediately and naturally
How to apply this Method
- Take a small cup with three strawberries (washed)
- Then mash them well
- Now apply the mashed strawberries on the affected area
- Allow the mashed strawberries to stay there for 10 minutes
- Wash the skin with hickeys with cold water and let it dry completely
The solid alternatives to get rid of hickeys fast
There are plenty of remedies out there to get rid of hickeys immediately and naturally.
Let’s discuss some of the most effective solid alternatives on how to remove a hickey below.
How to Get Rid of Hickies fast with Toothbrush
The toothbrush is an oral hygiene instrument. We use it to clean the teeth, tongue, and gums. Also by using the toothbrush, you can brush the skin with hickeys which helps the blood to circulate.
Let’s discuss the process on how to remove hickey fast and overnight with new, solid toothbrush.
How to use
- Take a toothbrush
- Brush your hickey with that toothbrush (Never press too strong as this can cause more injury)
- To get better results to wait for 15 minutes
- Use a cold compress on the affected skin as well.
- You can repeat the process if necessary
How to get rid of Love Bites Overnight with Lipstick Caps
This method can break down the blood clots same as the toothbrush method.
Also, it helps to increase the blood circulation in the affected skin with hickeys. You can follow the process to get rid of hickies with lipstick caps below
Get rid of hickeys with Lipstick Caps
- Take a lipstick caps or pen cap
- Use it directly over the hickeys
- Place it hard over the affected skin area
- You twist cap while pressing down.
- Make half of a full turn of the cap
- Release your holding
- Apply the process repeatedly for 10 minutes
Scraping With A Coin
Scraping with a coin on the hickey is also a useful trick to remove hickeys overnight.
Throughout this method, you can gently speed up the blood circulation which acts against blood clotting.
Gradually applying this method to the affected area can give you a soothing effect.
How to scrap with a Coin to Remove Hickeys
- Take a coin
- Stretch the skin out flat
- Then apply the edge of a coin to scrape the skin
- Press hard as you can, but not so tight that breaks the skin
- This will put the pressure on the affected area into capillaries
Applying this technique may cause redness on your skin, but it will disappear soon.
How to Get rid of a Hickey with Comb
If you want to get rid of a hickey by the no means of natural tricks, a wooden comb also plays a significant role to do that. It dilutes the blood clot by increasing blood circulation.
You need to ensure that you are applying a limited pressure on the hickeys. You can massage the skin with hickeys by the comb for not more than a minute.
What You Need: Wooden comb and Cotton
How to use
- Take a wooden comb
- Apply the comb on the hickey for 15 seconds (But do not irritate the skin)
- Use wet cotton over the hickey
- Once again rub the comb on the hickey for 15 seconds
- Apply this trick as much time as you need
How to Get Rid of Hickies fast with Battery
The battery is an apparatus having one or more electrochemical cells. A battery has an excellent effect to get rid of a hickey.
Let’s see what you need to do when applying this battery method.
How to use
- Take a Standard AA or C battery
- Massage the hickey with the negative (-) side of the battery
- Continue massaging vigorously for a few minutes
Even if this method does not entirely remove the hickey, but it does help in removing the strength of the mark!
How to Get rid of a Hickey with Eraser
Another solid alternative in our list is a pink pencil eraser. It is also useful to remove the hickeys fast. It works like magic.
It can reduce the skin discoloration by diluting the blood clot in only about 30 minutes.
How to use
- Take a pink eraser
- Place it on the hickey
- Turn the eraser to the right & left and moved it around the hickey.
- Do this for two (2) minutes.
How to get rid of a Hickey fast with Credit Card
This is the final one in the list of solid alternative to get rid of the hickey. A credit card is a pretty easy and straightforward technique to do that job.
Let’s discuss how to use a credit card to remove hickeys
How to use
- Take a credit card
- Use the edge of the credit card and massage the hickey to break the blood clot
- Apply this method gradually
Even if this method may hurt a little, but you can remove the mark of the hickey!
How to take off a Hickey with Oil
There is nothing that can make a hickey fade (away) magically in minutes. But here are some natural remedies that may help to fade away the hickey faster.
Yes, in this part we will discuss some natural oil that can indeed remove the hickeys overnight.
Please review the following techniques (oil treatments)
How to Get rid of Hickeys fast with Peppermint oil
Peppermint oil helps to stimulate the blood circulation to the affected area. It is cold and practical to lessen the size & severity of the hickey.
You need to make sure that you are using the diluted essential oil. Do not use the extract that applies to cook.
How to apply peppermint oil
- Take a small cup and add some peppermint oil
- Use this oil on the affected skin with a hickey
- Use this remedy 1/2 times a day daily
Do not use this oil randomly. Excess use of this oil may irritate the skin. In the starting, you may experience a tingling feeling, but gradually it becomes calm.
How do you Get rid of a Hickey Tuna Oil
Tuna is a fantastic source of dietary protein. According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), “tuna oil contains vitamin E & omega 3-fatty acids which boosts satiety and repair the skin.”
Another study of USDA found that “tuna oil is highly effective to get rid of an embarrassing hickey.” So let’s have an open discussion on how you can remove the love bite or hickey immediately on the affected area.
What You Need
- Tuna oil
- Slightly warm water
How to use
- Take a cup and add a few drops of tuna fish oil
- Submerge the fingertip into the oil
- Apply this remedy on the hickey slowly
- Leave it on for five (5) minutes.
- Wash off with slightly warm water.
- Apply this remedy repeatedly. You can use three or four (3/4) times a day
Almond oil to Get Rid of Hickey
How to use
- At first, take a small bowl
- Add a few drops of almond oil in that bowl
- Now heat it into the microwave
- Use a warm compress on the skin with a hickey
- Take a few drops of warm almond oil on your fingertips
- Gently massage the affected skin in a circular motion. Turn the finger from the center to the edge of the hickey which dilutes the blood clot
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Finally, wash off with slightly warm water.
How to Get rid of a Hickey Overnight with Coconut Oil
How to use
- Take a small bowl and add a few drops of Coconut oil
- Wash off the affected skin with hickeys
- Use the oil on the affected areas
- Rub it slowly for five (5) minutes
- Wash off the areas once again with water after 15 to 20 minutes
You can leave the coconut oil on the skin overnight and wash it off the next morning. Please to get better result us this remedy every day. While applying this remedy do not worry about allergies.
Ways to get rid of Hickeys with Vitamin
How to make a hickey go away fast with Vitamin C Rich Foods
Vitamin C is highly effective to form collagen which helps to heal hickeys & skin tissues. Also, vitamin C has strong anti-inflammatory & antioxidant agent.
That is why eating fruits or vegetables that have plenty of vitamin C can remove the hickeys overnight.
We have made a list that you should add in your diet where you will get some foods with vitamin C.
Guava is a fruit full of vitamin C and minerals. You will get 125.57 mg of vitamin and similar to 200% of the vitamin C from guava that your body needs daily.
Bell peppers are one of the most versatile vegetables in the kitchen. They are rich in vitamins and minerals. You will find more than twice the vitamin C of an orange.
It can give 342 mg, similar to 570% of the amount of vitamin C that your body needs daily.
The orange is the fruit of the citrus genres. You will find 50 grams of Vitamin C per 100 grams of orange.
Kiwis are small fruits. They have lots of flavor & health benefits to eat. You will find 90 grams of vitamin C per 100 grams of kiwi.
Cauliflower seems to be the most popular ingredients due to how versatile it is. It is often known as the healthiest food around the worlds. It can give up to 46.5 milligrams of vitamin C that is beneficial for your body.
Broccoli is a consumable green vegetable in the cabbage family. It can give 81.17 mg of vitamin C, which is enough for the total of vitamin C that your body needs daily.
How to get rid of love bites in 24 hours with Vitamin K Rich Foods
Vitamin K is a structurally equivalent, fat-soluble vitamins. It plays a significant role to break down the blood clot. Broken capillaries & blood clot happen hickeys. Taking sufficient foods rich in vitamin k helps you to cope with the situation effectively.
There are plenty of foods rich in vitamin k. These are including green leafy veggies, blueberries, pear, peaches, figs, soybeans, asparagus, leek, okra, cayenne pepper, cauliflower, cucumber, brown rice, and broccoli.
How to get rid of a hickey fast with Vitamin E Supplements
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient. It is best known for its antioxidant properties. Taking vitamin E helps to protect cells from the damage. It repairs the skin tissue & broken capillaries in and around the affected skin with hickeys.
Before consuming vitamin E supplements, you should take the advice of a doctor. They are found in many foods like Vegetable oils, Nuts, Seeds and Green leafy vegetables.
There are many kinds of seafood like octopus & oysters. They are rich in iron. One study found that you will get 53 mg of iron similar to 295% of the iron from twenty (20) small oysters.
Pumpkin seeds are also a general example of iron-rich products. You will get 34 mg of iron similar to 188% of the iron that your body should have every day.
Even if cashews are the lowest-fiber nuts, but they have plenty of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Also, cashew has vitamins E, K, and B6, along with zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and iron, which are essential for maintaining sound health.
You will get 7.8 mg of iron similar to 43% of the iron from an ounce of cashew that your body needs daily.
Beef & Lamb
Beef & lamb are also rich in of iron. you will get 3.1 mg of iron from 100 grams of lean beef meat which is similar to 21% of iron required for your body daily.
Whole grains are other good sources of iron for a human being. Among quinoa, grain is a type of nut that can give up to 15% or2.8 mg iron in a serving. Oatmeal is also a good source of iron as it gives you 4.7 mg of iron in a 100-gram diet.
Zinc Supplementation to get rid of hickeys
The Zinc Supplement is the final one in the list of the vitamin in this article on how to get rid of hickeys fast. Zinc plays a very significant role in the body.
Zinc Supplement helps to prevent some diseases in the human body. According to medical professionals, zinc is a micro-mineral that your body needs to make lots of reactions and aids in the real growth.The World Health Organization (WHO) has recognized zinc deficiency as the primary cause of disease in underdeveloped countries. Zinc deficiency is the cause of hickeys as well.
So it is essential to take Zinc Supplement in your diet for sound health. The safest & most comfortable way to do this is through foods. Here is a list of some foods rich in zinc:
Oyster has lots of good qualities. They will provide 16 grams of protein per 6-ounce diet. You will get 5.3 mg of zinc in a medium sized oyster.
Chicken Breast is a healthy and tasty recipe. You will get 0.9 mg of zinc from 85 g of chicken breast.
The egg is also an essential nutrient which will give 0.6 mg of iron.
Beans will give you the necessary zinc to the body. They also offer many other health benefits.
There are 52mg of zinc in per 100 grams of cereal.
Wheat germ contains plenty of zinc. There is 17 mg of zinc from 100 grams of wheat germ similar to 111% of zinc that needs for your body daily.
More Dietary Tips for Treating Hickeys
- Papain helps to disappear the dead skin cells that cause damage. Foods that have papain include pineapple, papaya, and apple.
- Salicylic acid reduces swelling and works as a blood thinner.
- Pycnogenol usually derived from pine tree bark. It is an antioxidant which strengthens arteries, capillaries, and veins and prevents the hickeys. Before using this supplement to consult a doctor.
- Bilberry extract is an anti-oxidant. It gradually reduces & eliminates hickeys. Before using this supplement consult to an expert doctor.
Other Techniques on how to get a Hickey off
You need to place an extra pillow beneath your head to keep it above the level of your heart if you have a hickey on your neck. This stops blood from being pumped heavily into the affected skin with hickeys and lessen the redness of the skin.
Place a pillow or a folded blanket beneath your legs and strives to sleep in this situation, if you have a hickey on your leg. Though it might not be comfortable, of course, this can improve the look of the hickey.
You should reduce or quit smoking especially during the time of hickey treatment. According to the study of the medical report, smoking reduces blood circulation & slows down the skin healing process crucially.
It might be tough, but keep in mind that with each cigarette you fix not to light up, you are very close to healing the dark hickey.
Eggs are also sufficient to remove hickeys. When applying the boiled eggs to remove the new hickey, the egg temperature requires being high enough. Try to use this method to disappear hickies quickly by the following directions.
How to use
- Boil an egg for about 13 to 15 minutes
- Take the egg out & remove the egg shell though the egg is still hot
- Use a thin, small cotton towel to wrap around the peeled egg
- Until the egg turns cold message onto the hickey
Epsom salt works as one of the most effective remedies for love bites or hickeys. Epsom salt is a mixture of sulfate & magnesium that has been used for years as a natural remedy for healing lots of skin diseases. Both of which are beneficial in the same manner for the skin because they penetrate the skin easily.
According to many different types of researches and studies have found plenty of benefits of Epsom salt.
Studies show that there are 325 enzymes in the body are controlled by magnesium, which assists with lessening inflammation, reduces tightening of the arteries, improves nerve & muscle function. Sulfate increases the rate of absorbing nutrients & aids to detox the human body.
How to use
- Take 2 cups of Epsom salt
- Add lukewarm water/ cold water
- Mix them and stir well until the salt dissolves
- Now soak in this water up to 15 minutes
- Gently pat dry afterward & use oil or moisturizer
- Until the hickey is cured take this bath once again
Best way to get rid of a hickey – Tea Bag
People recommend using tea bags regarding tricks on how to remove hickeys in no times. This sounds strange, but it works well for lots of people out there.
It is common to all the benefits of tea including cellular damage, heart diseases, reducing stroke, etc. Nevertheless, not many people have much knowledge about warm tea bags can remove the bruises overnight.
How to use
- First of all dip a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes
- Place it on the hickey
- Use this for a couple of minutes till the bags calm down
- Repeat this process 4 to 5 times
- Use a towel and clean the affected area
You can change this method with icing. This treatment also assists with hickeys.
How to make a hickey disappear with Medications
If you think that you can’t reach the remedies mentioned above, then you can use the medications to heal your hickeys. It is also a useful treatment for getting rid of hickeys fast. Same to the cream and ointment it is not too fast to treat hickeys.
However, it helps to reduce the pain and change the blood formation that increases healing. Here you will get a list of medications that make a hickey disappear.
Aspirin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Even if aspirin is used to reduce fever and relieve pain, it is also useful for removing hickeys as well. It helps to break the blood clot and stimulates the flow of subcutaneous blood (blood under the skin).
Commonly eye drops are applied to reduce the redness in eyes. Nevertheless, they are also useful to reduce the redness of the affected skin with the hickey. The active compounds in eye drop work to lessen then swelling & redness of the hickey.
How to use
- Press, a few drops of the eye, drops on the hickey to cover it entirely (you need to lie down to allow the drop on the right position).
- Let them settle for one minute
- Wipe with a clean towel or a cotton ball
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times in a day.
The Preparation H has an anti-inflammatory agent which helps to treat under dark eye circles, bruises or hickeys, and wounds.
This is exactly the point Preparation H is also useful in getting rid of a hickey. It lowers the soreness & discoloration of affected skin area as well.
How to use
- Use Preparation H gel or cream on the affected skin with a hickey
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Do this 2 to 3 times a day.
Iodine is also used for ages to deal with bruises & wounds. You can use an iodine solution to treat hickeys as well. You should use low concentrations of iodine. Using higher levels can have a toxic effect.
You can use bromelain health supplements for getting rid of love bite or hickey. Before consuming this supplement, please talk to your doctor.
Excedrin is helpful to disappear the blood clot and improve the blood circulation.
How Much Effective those Methods are
Of course, a hickey is a tricky task to remove. But we have researched and studied a lot for you. Already we discuss many different methods to reduce any hickey instantly. You can get rid of that bruises or hickeys before seeing your colleagues, family, or even spouse by using natural home remedies to over the counter drugs.
These methods are highly useful to speed up the process of healing. Also, you do not need to be disappointed if you don’t get a meaningful result. If you find all these methods do not work well, then leave them all and wait to heal on its own.
How to cover a Hickey with Makeup?
The above mentioned natural remedies to remove the hickey are very active. They can stimulate the healing process successfully.
If a hickey is not something allowable in your conditions for example if you don’t feel secure and comfortable in your work place, then try to hide it for the first 2 or 3 days. Here in this section of this article, we will discuss some tricks that help you to hide the hickey.
How to hide a Hickey with Makeup
Makeup is another technique to cover the hickey. You will find lots of products and items out on the market that are made to cover imperfections & blemishes. The thicker product will give you the better hide or coverage.
You can select an apricot colored concealer to hide the reddish color of the hickey. It might take 2 or 3 layers to hide the hickey entirely. However, don’t forget to apply the makeup to the surrounding skin as it looks natural. If not, it will make the attention as same as the hickey would.
Makeup is one of the best techniques to a coverage pimple or spots in your skin. Also, it works as the fastest way to remove hickey as well. You can apply any makeup foundation to coverage or hide the hickey. You need to make sure that it doesn’t make the affected skin itchy or irritated.
How to apply makeup
- Apply some makeup foundation powder to remove these spots
- Gently use the powder into the affected skin with a soft brush
- Apply this into the surrounding skin to make the makeup natural
- Make sure that you apply the perfect shade of remover & don’t look clear in daylight
How to remove a hickey in seconds with Clothes
You can easily cover the hickey by wearing clothing. Wearing a roll neck top can immediately solve the issue of the hickey visibility because it hides at least half of your neck.
If you have a hickey problem in the summer time, then you can wear a scarf, ideally created of light, breathing fabric.
Here is a list of clothing that can hide the hickey.
How to use
- A turtleneck sweater
- A jacket or a sweater with a collar that covers your neck
- A turtleneck long-sleeved shirt
- Wear a top that keeps attention away from your neck
A long hairstyle also acts as a technique to hide the hickey. If you have a hickey on the back of your neck or the side of your neck, then wear your hair down for a few days, until the hickey removes entirely.
If you have an affinity to play always with hair, then try to keep yourself controlled as you do not uncover embarrassing the hickey accidentally.
Accessories can found as useful to cover or draw all the attention and make the hickey from being uncovered. Also, you could use a beautiful long necklace.
Accessories can found as useful to cover or draw all the attention and make the hickey from being uncovered. Also, you could use a beautiful long necklace.
Give it time
According to medical reports, “hickeys are not harmful.” We are just looking for the way to cover or remove them as they are ugly.
If you are stuck & nothing is working for you, then it is better to wait for a few days and let it cure on its own. It just takes 2 weeks or less to heal.
Why is laser treatment serious for the people with hickeys
Actually, if you have money to burn, then you can go through a laser treatment to get rid of a hickey fast. According to an expert dermatologist, laser treatments can remove hickeys with patients who have gone through cosmetic processes such as Botox or fillers, which can cause skin discoloration.
Here we will discuss why laser treatment is acute for the people with hickeys.
Unable to heal the bruises/hickeys overnight
Nowadays, dermatologists apply a special kind of laser that aims the blood cells that have pooled beneath the skin to make the spots.
The laser helps to break up these blood clots, which accelerates the healing procedure for the bruise. The lasers cannot make the hickeys disappear immediately – according to the report of dermatologists.
However, the hickeys are not entirely gone.
According to medical reports, laser treatments could cost you a huge (at least $300 or more), even if that might change based on location. That is too much to expand on a hickey.
But in case you are being responsible for trying all—even a high priced treatment that still takes some days to make a little difference on your hickey.
More risks at Laser treatments
There are also some risks of laser treatments that you should know. Laser treatments are uncomfortable, and you may have some redness by following the process. This treatment is also less effective based on your skin condition as well.
Like any kinds of dermatological processes, it is better to consult your doctor before taking any crucial decisions. However, it is a pretty extreme way to make only to get rid of a hickey.
Who Is At High Risk Of This Problem?
Hickeys are not only embarrassing but also they can indeed seriously influence your health. So do you know who is at high risk of this problem? According to studies we classified some people who are actually at high risk of this problem.
They are including.
- Hickeys are a problem that can happen in people of all ages
- One study said that young children might expertise this problem.
- People with anemia are very close to this problem – According to the World Health Organization
- Also, women are more probable to face this problem than men.
You could keep this problem controlled by reducing risk factors. Generally speaking, hickeys look like fun, playful & adventurous action to give to your partner, but you may want to reconsider them. If not you are into that sort of thing, of course.
Should I see the doctor?
As it is mentioned above, that hickeys disappear on their own, and basically, you do not need medical treatment. It is not regular for patients to come to the dermatologist or medical expert to get help related to a hickey.
They may also don’t look for any consultation as people feel embarrassed about this fact.
However, keep in mind that if you see anything uncommon about your hickey, it is more than advised that you go through medical advice.
If it occurs that the hickey does not disappear in two weeks or more, you should consult to doctor as it might be a sign of blood circulation breakdown.
It is mentioned earlier that hickeys can heal to their own and normally there is no need for any medical treatment. It is rare that people who have Hickey need to consult with a doctor.
We hope these remedies mentioned above help to find the way How to get rid of a hickey fast and naturally. Never be disappointed, and you may apply any one of these remedies and get rid of hickies quickly.
Feel free to ask us, and we will ensure to reply to your questions as soon as possible. If you get all the questions that have in your mind and you discover this article valuable, then try to deal it with your friends as we are sure that they would choose to read about it.
If you find any difficulty or any mistake in the article, then make sure to contact us or leave your comment below.