Top 10 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes
Now and then I keep face with the question - how to remove dark circles under eyes. Well, it is not very complicated to answer this question.
As I research, write and respond to questions about skin care, it has become my mission to convince consumers.
Dark discoloration of the skin beneath the eye is particularly mentioned to as dark circles.
It is also known as shadows or dark rings. I suggest them that a natural approach is the best way to maintain and improve the health and appearance of your skin under eyes.
It becomes true when it comes to knowing how to remove dark circles under your eyes.
I believe the time has come to prevent using harmful, chemical-based products.
After much trial-and-error, I have finally found a treatment that will remove dark circles under eyes. So read on to know how I did it...
After trying a lot of eye products with no success whatsoever, I decided to educate and regroup myself a little before trying to find another solution.
Along the way, I gathered a few remedies that struck a chord with me, and I get my success to them.
Below in this article, I show you some doable and easy dark circle remedies to make your how to get rid of dark circles naturally and actually.
What are Dark Circles?
Dark circles are not a severe skin disorder, but they make people look exhausted, tired, older and unhealthy.
It is not wondering that the eyes are the first to be influenced by the lack of sleep and an unhealthy lifestyle: the skin around the eyes is very thin because it does not have the usual layer of fatty tissue.
Alternatively, there are plenty of little blood vessels and lymph glands. If the body lacks fluid or oxygen, the blood is darker in color and flows more slowly.
Blood vessels are noticed through the fine, nearly transparent skin under the eyes. Relying on your skin type, the shadows beneath your eyes will either be blueish or brownish.
In some families, dark circles are genetically ascertained: this implies that particularly fine skin around the eyes has been transferred on by your genes.
What are the Causes Dark circles under Eyes?
So here is the question what causes dark circles under eyes? The ugly dark circles can be caused due to numerous reasons. Below you will find the reasons of dark circles:
- Exposure to the sun (absence of a regular sunscreen)
- Skin irritants in makeup products
- Continuous itching and rubbing due to skin conditions like eczema
- Nasal allergies
- Tiredness and exhaustion
- Sleep deprivation
Sometimes, dark circles can also be hereditary. These usually disappear after a certain age.
10 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under Eyes
While dark circles are not exactly a serious skin disorder, they can make people look aimlessly tired, older and unhealthy. So how to cure dark circles under eyes?
Fortunately, there are plenty of home remedies that can answer the question of how to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
1. Almond Oil to remove dark circle
Almond oil is one of the best natural ingredients that are very useful for the affected skin around your eyes.
Everyday use of almond oil will help to vanish yours under eye circles. Also to almond oil, you can utilize vitamin E oil to reduce dark circles under Underarms.
How to use:
- Take a little amount of almond oil in a cup
- Apply this oil onto the dark circles before going to bed
- Slowly massage it into the skin
- Leave it on overnight
- Wash it off with cold water
- Repeat this remedy daily until the dark circles vanish
2. Castor Oil on how to reduce dark circles
Just like almond oil castor oil is the source of in fatty acids. It seems to be a beneficial addition to home treatment for dark circles.
Also, castor oil has ricinoleic acid which is touted to have anti-inflammatory properties. Below you will find how to use this remedy to remove dark circles your eyes:
- Massage a few drops of castor oil onto the affected area around your eyes
- Massage the area slowly
- Then leave it on the whole night
- Wash it off with slightly warm water in the morning
- Repeat this remedy every day until the dark circles remove
- Instead, add 1 teaspoon of castor oil and 1 teaspoon of milk cream
- Mix them completely
- Then apply the mixture to clean skin
- Allow it 15-20 minutes
- Wash if off with slightly warm water
- This remedy is especially useful for those with dry skin
3. Coconut oil for dark circles
Coconut oil another effective home medication which helps to get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
It has a powerful moisturizing action which helps to treat dark raccoon eyes caused by dry skin.
Coconut oil has the extra benefit of fighting fine lines and wrinkles, not to forget that it has also been proved to improve acne spots.
To utilize coconut oil to get rid of dark circles from around your eyes:
- Apply a few coconut oil into the affected area
- You may also add extra virgin oil is extremely good
- Massage this oil and leave it for a few hours to works into your skin
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Apply this process 2-3 times each day until you have gained the required results
4. Cucumber on how to get rid of dark circles fast
Cucumber is known as the most popular facial remedies for skin conditions that affect the delicate area under the eyes. It is in special extensively used to get rid of dark circles under eyes.
Thanks to its skin astringent and lightening features, not to mention the excellent soothing and replenishing effects, and is a top starting point for those looking to get rid of dark circles under eyes overnight.
Cucumber also has effective antioxidants such as vitexin, iso-scoparin, cucurbitacins and orientin and nutrients such Vitamin K and C.
- Chill a fresh cucumber for 30 minutes
- Then cut it into thin slices
- Apply the slices over the affected areas of skin
- Leave them to work their magic into your skin for 10 minutes
- Then remove them before washing the area with cool water
- Follow this remedy twice daily for best results
- Instead, prepare cucumber juice
- Mix it with lemon juice in equal ratios
- Mix it thoroughly till well blended
- Then apply it under your eyes using a cotton ball
- Wash it off after 15-20 minutes
- Repeat this remedy once daily for one week until the dark circles will have cleared
5. Raw potato slices to remove dark circles under eyes
The slices of raw potatoes are also beneficial for dark circles. They contain an astringent that assists remove the water from under the eyes and stay cool longer.
You can also make a greatly ground potato layer by grating a raw potato and placing it in some layers of cheesecloth. Reap the benefits and lay over the eyes.
- Cool two potatoes in the fridge for one hour
- Grate and peel the potatoes to collect the juice
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice
- Before going bed applies it around your eyes
- Leave it on overnight
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat this remedy daily for a week until to remove dark circles
6. Cold Water the best dark circle remover
Cold water is effective to constrict the blood vessels under the eyes. It also helps to diminish dark circles under eyes.
Take a soft cloth and dip it in cold water for a few minutes. You can further use cold milk in the place of cold water.
Put it straight on your eye lids, for 5 - 7 minutes. You can also like to wrap ice cubes in a towel and put it on your eye lids.
Anything chilled can be placed on the eye lids such as frozen peas, cold spoon or even a chilled tea bag. Apply the same process three to four times every day for a few weeks.
7. Remove dark circles under eyes fast using Lemon Juice
Lemon juice also holds bleaching properties just like a potato. Vitamin C will help to get rid of the dark circles under eyes.
- Dip a cotton ball into a fresh lemon juice
- Apply it to the affected area
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Then wash it off with normal water
- Repeat this remedy for the see results
The other remedy is to make a paste and use it around the area.
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice
- Add a pinch of gram flour
- Also, add turmeric powder and two tablespoons of tomato puree
- Mix them well and make a paste
- Rinse off with pure water after 15 minutes
- Repeat this treatment at least 2 to 3 times a week
- If you apply this remedy routinely, the dark circles will vanish in a few weeks
- Take a teaspoon of turmeric paste and tomato puree
- Add orange lentil flour and mix them together
- Additionally, add some lemon juice to that mix to make a thick paste
- Apply this paste on the dark circles
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Washed off with normal water
8. Remove dark circles under your eyes using Mint Leaves
Mint leaves provide a cooling impact on the eyes along with reducing dark circles. It is such a natural remedy that will refresh and soothe your eyes.
- Take 5 to 6 mint leaves and crush them
- Apply these leaves around affected areas
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with a cold cloth
- You need to be careful because you are contacting an extremely sensitive area. It is one of the most effective natural remedies to cure under dark eye circles.
The other remedy to cure dark circles is given below:
- Add mint leaves paste to tomato juice
- Apply this paste on the dark circles
- Leave it on for 5 - 7 minutes
- Wash off this area with cold water
9. Butter Milk: best treatment for dark circles
Butter milk is familiar to be rich in lactic acid and probiotics. These provide butter milk astringent and exfoliating properties that are very beneficial to dark circles.
Butter milk is mostly utilized alongside turmeric to tap into the excellent inflammatory properties of this Asian spice as follows:
- Take 2 tablespoons of butter milk in a cup
- Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Mix the components completely to make a paste with fine consistency
- Use it to the area around your affected area
- Wash it off with lukewarm water after 20 minutes
10. Rose Water on how to remove dark circles
Rose water is a major component with huge skin-enhancing advantages that can lighten dark circles under the eyes.
Rose water can help strengthen skin cells as it is a rich source of antioxidants. It also rejuvenates the skin and regenerates skin tissue around the eyes.
- Soak clean cotton balls in rose water
- Place them over your eyes
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes
- Wash the area with slightly warm water
- Apply this once in the morning and the evening, daily for two weeks
Finally, it can be said that a little care can protect the sensitive area under your eyes. So you never have dark circles under eyes.
These home remedies for dark circles will fade away the fear of the burning question how to remove dark circles under eyes.
These are all very cheap and simply available in any local shop. Hope you may use one of these dark circles remedies every day and get the best results!
Feel free to question us, and we will make sure to answer your questions as soon as possible.
If you get all the queries that have in your mind and you find this article helpful, then try to share it with your friends as I am sure that they would love to read about it.
If you find any problem or any mistake in the article, then make sure to contact us or leave your comment below.